Sabtu, 09 Januari 2010

Almond Cake Recipe

Raspberry Almond Cake


Is this cake a beauty or what? My mother-in-law was hosting a dinner party this past weekend, and she asked me to make a dessert for her to serve at the party. Once I saw this post over at Use Real Butter, I knew this was the cake I would make her for party. I have a love affair with all things almond – my favorite cake in the world is Amanda Hesser’s almond cake. I was actually tempted to make that cake for the dinner party, except I’ve made it many times and wanted to present something new to my in-laws.


So I compromised and found another recipe that had a good amount of almond in it (both almond paste and almond extract) but incorporated fresh berries folded into the batter and a simple glaze. As Jen of Use Real Butter suggests, I made a double batch and baked it for an hour and 5 minutes (perfect) in a 9-inch tube pan. I didn’t put the almonds in the glaze (even though I made a bigger cake, I only made a single batch of glaze), instead opting to drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake and sprinkle toasted, sliced almonds over it.


Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the cake sliced into because I delivered it whole to my in-laws before their party. I imagine it looked quite pretty on the inside, with the raspberries dotting each slice.

My mother-in-law said that the cake was a hit at her party. I tried a bite of a leftover slice the next day and it did taste delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as written over at Use Real Butter (except doubled and using the sea-level baking powder amount), so I’ll direct you there if you’d like to try it out. Do not ignore Jen’s note about pulsing the almond paste w/ the sugar before mixing with the other ingredients!

0 komentar:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchiThings.Com - House Design Ideas